Whether you’re looking for a new warehouse build or to repair your existing place, if you are in need of a commercial roofing contractor, this article aims to help you find the right provider by offering a few tips.
- Start with Recommendations – If you have some business acquaintances who have had commercial roofing in Perth installed, you could ask about the contractor, and should they give a good account of their experience, your search is over. A positive review from another business owner is a very strong indication that you will be very happy, and you also have a chance to pay them a visit and see their work.
- Established with a Good Reputation – While there might be several new businesses in the industrial roofing sector that service your area, you are taking a risk by hiring a new company, and should they fold, you would have no warranty. Once you search online using the term “commercial roofing contractors (+ your location)”, you will have a list of local roofing companies and by browsing the websites, you can quickly figure out which company has been around the longest and offers the best service.
- Associations & Federations – Any roofing company that is associated with a reputable building association would have to have high standards, and if they happen to be award winners, that is a real seal of approval. These are all signs of stability and a high standard of work and if their prices are competitive, they are probably the best choice.
- Over the Phone Quotes – Should any commercial roofing contractor give you a quote over the phone, without ever having viewed the site, they should be avoided. It is not possible to quote for any roofing work until the contractor has seen the site and knows exactly what you want. Indeed, many roofers will collect data, then quote you the next day, after they have crunched the numbers.
- Testimonials – The more, the better, as each client testimonial adds to the weight of the contractor’s credibility, and if possible, ask if you can visit at least one of their previous projects.
- Maintenance Contracts – Of course, the roof must be maintained and the contractor would be happy to add your warehouse or factory to their list of maintenance contracts, and every 6 months or so, they would send a team to closely inspect your roof, looking for any signs of damage or excessive wear. They would also clean the roof with a high-pressure power wash, which helps to keep your business premises looking attractive, plus they might recommend a special protective coating, which can reduce energy consumption by improving insulation.
As you can see, all of the above can help you source a reliable commercial roofing specialist, and by discussing your needs with the contractor, you should have a good idea which one to choose. Don’t expect to receive a quote over the phone, as the roofing company need to assess the site in order to give you an accurate quotation.